Liegen Ihnen Medizin und Forschung im Blut? Dann suchen wir Sie!
Die Universitätsmedizin Mannheim steht für qualitätsgesicherte, universitäre Maximalversorgung und zählt zu den größten medizinischen Einrichtungen und Forschungszentren der Region. Mit der Medizinischen Fakultät Mannheim der traditionsreichen Universität Heidelberg und dem Universitätsklinikum Mannheim vereinen wir zwei starke Partner. Jährlich bieten wir rund 52.000 stationär und teilstationär sowie 212.000 ambulant aufgenommenen Patienten ein breit gefächertes Spektrum modernster Diagnostik und Therapieverfahren. In 30 Fachkliniken und Instituten engagieren sich 5.000 Mitarbeiter gleichermaßen in Krankenversorgung, Forschung und Lehre.
The Medical Faculty Mannheim of the University Heidelberg is searching for the Immunomodulation laboratory of Professor Michael Boettcher, Department of Pediatric Surgery, a
Postdoctoral fellow (m/f/d)
for five years starting from October 2021.
The laboratory investigates the interplay between immune cells and various disease including cancer and inflammation in vivo. Our aim is to understand the mechanism that control immunity (especially neutrophils) and to identify novel targets for cancer immunotherapy (especially CAR t-cells). The laboratory is located in the lab of the Department of Pediatric Surgery at the heart of the Mannheim life science campus. We offer an international and highly interactive environment to address projects at the interface of immunology, oncology, cell biology, and microbiology. We are searching for highly motivated candidates with genuine curiosity and passion for science.
The Medical Faculty Mannheim of the University Heidelberg is one of Europe’s leading universities specializing in science and technology. Its success in the Excellence Competition and in international rankings underscores its leading role and excellent reputation in the scientific landscape.
The scope of duties includes:
- Experimental models of acute and chronic inflammation to study molecular mechanisms of leukocyte activation and recruitment (especially neutrophils extracellular traps)
- Design and optimize CAR T cell therapy for solid tumor in preclinical and clinical studies
- Characterize and improve the efficiency and safety of genetically modified T cells in in-vitro models (spheroid models, organoids, ...) and in preclincal in-vivo models (xenografts, PDX, etc)
- Ideally, the candidate should have expertise in breeding and genotyping of mice, a range of methodological approaches such as ELISA, single-cell RNA-sequencing, high-parameter flow cytometry, genetic engineering using CRISPR/Cas9, bioinformatics.
- Ph.D. in natural sciences or life sciences
- Enthusiasm for basic science and cell engineering
- In-depths experience in immunological techniques and molecular biology
- Experience in experimental animal models and imaging techniques
- Excellent team spirit, presentation, scientific writing and communication skills
We offer you:
- A responsible job and a varied range a multi-disciplinary team
- Offers to support the compatibility of family and career and to promote your health
- Measures to support your personal and professional development
- Good transport connections as well as discounts for local public transport through the job ticket
- Salary in accordance with the federal collective agreement TV-L as well as a company pension plan
We stand for equal opportunities. Severely disabled persons are given priority in the event of equal suitability.
For information and technical questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Boettcher, email@example.com.
Application deadline: 31.10.2021; Reader Service Code: 864-025