Liegen Ihnen Medizin und Forschung im Blut? Dann suchen wir Sie!
The University Medical Center Mannheim stands for quality-assured, university-based maximum care and is one of the largest medical institutions and research centers in the region. With the Medical Faculty Mannheim of the tradition-rich University of Heidelberg and the University Hospital Mannheim, we unite two strong partners. Every year, we offer a wide range of state-of-the-art diagnostics and therapeutic procedures to around 52,000 inpatients and day patients and 212,000 outpatients. In 30 specialist clinics and institutes, 5,000 employees are equally committed to patient care, research and teaching.
The Mannheim Medical Faculty of the University of Heidelberg, in close cooperation with the Department of Medical Personalized Oncology (A420) at the DKFZ (Director Prof S. Loges), is looking for a
Post-Doc in Cancer Biology (m/f/i)
with a focus on protein biochemistry. The goal is to establish a preclinical pipeline for testing rare genetic variants. The position is located in Heidelberg. The full-time position is limited for 2 years, with the possibility for extension.
The scope of duties includes:
- Cloning and characterization of rare mutations with respect to their function as potential drivers
- Analysis of binding capacities, in vitro sensitivity testing of small-molecules
- In-silico analyses and screening.
- Project management and communication with partner-sites
- Supervision of PhD and undergraduate students
- A completed PhD degree in biology, biochemistry or medicine or equivalent
- Prior knowledge in protein biochemistry, preferably single cell proteomics
- Experience in the analysis of protein-ligand interactions
- Ideally, basic bioinformatics knowledge (e.g., handling data sets in R)
- High level of self-motivation, enthusiasm and willingness to perform high quality research
We offer you:
- A responsible job and a varied range a multi-disciplinary team
- Offers to support the compatibility of family and career and to promote your health
- Measures to support your personal and professional development
- Good transport connections as well as discounts for local public transport through the job ticket
- Salary in accordance with the federal collective agreement TV-L as well as a company pension plan
We stand for equal opportunities. Severely disabled persons are given priority in the event of equal suitability.
For information, please contact Ms. Victoria Gensch, phone 0173/9752189.
For technical questions, please contact Dr. Melanie Janning, phone 0621/383-1757
Application deadline: 16.05.2021; Reader Service Code: 881-002
(German job posting with the reader service code 881-15 )